Senior Research Director
Nate blends an extensive background in biomedical research (with 13 years of research experience in biotech and academic labs) and strong business acumen with strategy consulting and market research. He has particular expertise in market landscape assessment; primary market research with physicians, pharmacists, KOLs, and patients through quantitative and qualitative methods; commercialisation strategy; launch planning; and competitive intelligence. His education and work experience have given him specific therapeutic expertise across oncology (solid tumour and hematologic malignancies), respiratory (including COPD and asthma), regenerative medicine, neurologic & psychiatric indications, and rare disease.
People describe Nate as curious, generous, and caring.
Nate is passionate about digging deeper with stakeholders to understand their changing attitudes and behaviours. He has strong experience with healthcare research and leading client engagements, from early development through launch into post-launch tracking.
- 13 years performing biomedical research at the bench
- PhD in integrative biology and neuroscience and completed post-doctoral training at Stanford University. His research focused on identifying and characterising the resident stem cells in the brain and how the external environment influenced stem cell behaviour using rodent models.
- MBA with concentrations in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, and Strategy
- Successfully supported countless project types, including: patient journey exploration for COPD; impact of COVID-19 on high-risk patients and their physicians; indication prioritisation and market opportunity assessment for a new therapy for immunologic disorders; launch tracking for immune-oncology products in solid tumours; and pre-launch commercial strategy for rare disease therapeutics in development
Roles and qualifications
- Senior Research Director, Day One Strategy
- BS, Interdisciplinary Studies in Neuroscience (Magna Cum Laude); American University, Washington, DC
- PhD, Integrative Biology and Neuroscience, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Post-doctoral fellowship and Instructor, Department of Neurosurgery and the Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
- MBA, concentrations in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, and Strategy, Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
- Previous strategy and market research experience at bioStrategies Group, ZoomRx, and Blue Matter Consulting